Over the last three years, I’ve learned a lot. While becoming a Certified Life Coach, coaching tons of people and lots of work on myself – I’ve developed this tool kit for you!
In honor of my favorite day of the year, my birthday – March 22nd, I’m sharing with you the 22 things I know for sure. These are things my clients and I have applied and the results speak for themselves – happier, less stressful, more joy and more courage.
Print this out, hang it where you’ll see it, it can change your perspective and your life.
- Trust your struggle. Whatever you are struggling with will not go away until you learn what you need to. It can be your greatest gift and an amazing teacher if you allow it.
- Practice Gratitude. It’s the most powerful thing you can practice. Be thankful for everything you do have. Actively seek out all of the good things on a daily basis. This will help you stay focused in the present moment and stop anxiety. You physically cannot be anxious and grateful at the same time. Choose Gratitude.
- Love yourself. Be kind and compassionate to yourself like you would to a small child. Master that and you’ll be happier than you could have ever imagined.
- Have Faith. Everything will happen when it’s supposed to.
- Face Your Fear and Do It Anyway. Sometimes the things you think you don’t want to do – end up being some of the best experiences once you can get past your own stuff.
- What other people think of you is none of your business. I can you now, “Oh yes it is!” No actually, it isn’t. Stay in your own business – worry about yourself. What others are saying about you is completely irrelevant. You will never make everyone happy.
- Be kind to others. You don’t know what they’re battling. A smile could change someone’s life.
- Make time to spend with friends and family. It’s the best investment. At the end of the day there is nothing more important than your loved ones.
- Make decisions based on love, rather than out of fear. When you make decisions from a place of fear it feels heavy and hard. But when you make decisions based on love, it feels light and free. Love ALWAYS feels better.
- Do what you love even it’s not for money. The happiness of enjoying your passion will flow into other areas of your life and give exponential returns.
- Stop worrying. It doesn’t change anything – it’s just wasting energy. It’s like praying for exactly what you don’t want to happen. Focus that energy towards what you really want.
- Don’t compare yourself to anyone else. You are doing the best you can and you don’t know what’s really going on behind someone else’s closed doors.
- Take time to appreciate the small things in life. A sunny day, a warm breeze, a child’s laughter, silence, a warm blanket, a snuggly loving dog, a smile from a stranger, a good hug, doggy kisses, spring flowers, fresh snow, a rainy day, a hot bath, a nap, windows down on a nice day playing your favorite song in a clean car with a full tank of gas, impromptu happy hour, dance party, first kiss, the excitement of when a child sees you when you walk into a room – when we appreciate these small things the other stuff doesn’t seem so important.
- Have Fun. Life is meant to be fun and enjoyable, not exhausting and draining. No one gets out alive, so we might as well enjoy life for as long as we’re here and make the most of everything.
- Set your intentions. It’s the best way to get where you want to go. I know that ANYTHING is possible.
- Be willing to change. If you don’t like it – you have the power to change it. Change can be scary, but if you just put one foot in front of the other, one baby step at a time, you’ll find what you’re looking for. At the very least, figure out what you don’t want and that’s equally valuable.
- You can’t control other people. The more you try, the more crazy you’ll make yourself.
- You are responsible for how you feel. No one can make you feel anything unless you allow it. That’s great news because you’re in charge! Choose wisely.
- Everything is always happening for your benefit. There’s always a lesson or something you were meant to experience or someone you were meant to meet, etc. Everything happens for your highest good.
- Everyone makes mistakes. Own it and move on. Don’t make it mean anything about yourself or someone else. Mistakes happen, keep going.
- You get what you have the courage to ask for. Say what you need and ask for what you want. You’ll never know if you don’t ask. You might be surprised.
- Don’t make someone else’s opinion your reality. People will always have something to say about you or your life. They are living their lives and you can live yours any way you want. Don’t let their opinions impact how you feel about yourself or how you live your life. It’s just their opinion.
My hope is that these tips bring you some peace and courage into your life.